Want to enable the Large Gallery option in Microsoft teams and its not working or showing.
MS Teams user register complaints of the large gallery view not working suddenly or Microsoft Teams stopped showing gallery view. Also, large gallery view not working and Teams gallery view not available on all computers.
To resolve this firstly, don’t use the web version, you need to use the Teams app itself.
However, ticking the “Turn on new meeting experience” and restarting Microsoft Teams is working, confirmed by any users.
Try turning on the “New Meeting Experience”
by using below steps and see if it enables this view for you:
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- In the upper right of MS Teams, Select your profile pic at the top of the Teams app.
- You will get a drop-down menu. Select Settings.
- The Settings window appears with the by default General section selected.
- Now click on “Turn on new meeting experience” (New meetings and calls will open in separate windows. Requires restarting Teams.)
- After that Quit it by clicking “x” icon on the upper right, to close the Settings window.
- Quit Microsoft Teams.
- Relaunch Microsoft Teams.
Furthermore, If you have selected ‘Turn on new meeting experience’ on your devices and still didn’t get the large gallery view, may be it’s because it’s only being rolled out gradually.
Note – Large gallery view lets you see up to 49 streams at once.
Update Teams and Clear Cache
Updating Teams to the latest version and clearing app cache fixes most of the issues.
To clear cache, go to the File Explorer, and delete any of the files in the following locations:
blob_storage, databases, cache, gpucache, Indexeddb, Local Storage, Tmp
Follow this articles 5th point to - Clear Teams Cache files
Hope the above solution helps you to resolve Large Gallery view option in Microsoft teams.
Please let us know in comment section if this solution helps you.