Looking solution for –
Cannot see shared screen when in Teams meeting using desktop version on Mac.
MS Teams for mac unable to share desktop or other.
Microsoft Teams share screen not working on Mac.
Trouble with Teams sharing your camera, microphone or screen.
Microsoft Teams facilitates both the Mac and the Windows 10 app users to share their screen with other users in a meeting or in a one-on-one call.
As we know that Microsoft Teams offer an efficient way to deliver an integrated communication, collaboration and productive system – Microsoft Teams Security Features
Solutions to fix Microsoft Teams share screen is not working on Mac
#1. Edit security permissions
- Firstly, click on the Apple menu. Then, go to the System Preferences -> and Click on the Security & Privacy -> Privacy tab.
- Then, click on Screen Recording and click on the lock icon to make changes.
- If required, you need to enter your admin password.
- Lastly, click on the Checkbox next to the Microsoft Teams.
- After doing this a notification window will ask you to restart it. Click on Agree.
- Finally, try again and see if the issue persists.
#2. Disable New Meeting Experience
Several users confirmed in different forums sites that disabling the “New meeting experience” option worked. Follow the below steps to do this:
- Open Microsoft Teams, then click on your profile picture, and select Settings.
- After that click on the General section and then scroll down to Turn on new meeting experience. Disable this option.
- Now quit Teams and Relaunch Microsoft Teams.
#3. Quit NetAuthAgentfrom Activity Monitor
- Start by clicking Applications. After that click on the Utilities Folder.
- Then open Activity Monitor.
- On the CPU tab, Look for the process called NetAuthAgent.
- Select it and click the Quit button.
- Restart Microsoft Teams, and then share your screen.
#4. Update Microsoft Teams
Most of the issues can be fixed by updating MS Teams.
However, the Microsoft Teams desktop app automatically updates itself, but you can also check for any new version available to update
Just need to click on your profile picture and select Check for updates.
#5. Check for MacOS Updates
You need to check MacOS updates as well if issue persist.
Simply go to Apple menu -> then, System Preferences -> select Software Update. If there is an update version available, click on Update Now.
During update your Mac will restart to complete the process.
#6. Enable Screen Sharing on the Entire Screen
General workaround, check the screen sharing settings.
The Org-wide policy for Screen sharing mode needs to have the Entire Screen (select from drop-down) option enabled.
I hope using the solutions given above, the user was able to view the shared screen.
Share your thought which solution works for you in comments.