GDPR and the Protection of Personal Data include wide range of legal obligations such as:
- You need to keep documentation for demonstration
- Clearly define the approach of data protection using risk-based along with roles, responsibilities and accountabilities of data controllers and their processors
- Compute the risk of processing personal data and ensure the protection of rights and freedom of individuals
- You need to carry the DOP i.e. data protection officer and mention their sturdy efforts to maintain data protection compliance program
- You need to diligently identifying and track the weakness in an effort to data protection regulatory violations
A Governance and Management System for GDPR Compliance
The management system for GDPR Compliance is a high-level dashboard which enables the monitoring and tracking the activity of account and management and report the status to take the desire action.
With the help of Data Controllers you can clearly determine the implementation of data protection and information management strategy and Management Reports lets you the improvements towards achieving desired outcome.
The Management System for GDPR Compliance lets you to implement data protection program, track and monitor the actions and respond those to handle easily within short time and resources.
As per legal obligation the proper planning and documentation is essential for processing personal data or specific data and the precautions being taken to protect the personal data being processed.
A comprehensive and integrated approach to GDPR Compliance is known as the GDPR governance and management system.
Here is an image of Governance and Management System for GDPR Compliance to understand in better way.
Key features of the GDPR governance and management system
- A scalable, comprehensive, and multi-tiered approach to data protection and information management
- Multiple approaches, frameworks and legal register for data protection. Which is linked to operational responsibilities (ISO 27001, NIST cyber security)
- Documented information for data controllers to demonstrate their accountability
- Authorize DOP’s (Data Protection Officers) to fulfill their obligations
- Complete dedication towards fundamentals rights and freedoms of individuals, corporate policies and codes of conduct
- Clear responsibility and accountability implementation
- Maintain risk-based data protection approach
- Determine the implementation of appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with recognized frameworks for data protection, cyber security, cloud computing at the operational level
- Measure and monitor across all areas of business activity
- Centralized GDPR compliance document management
- Recognize vendor compliance with legal and contractual obligations
- Prepare for certification – ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, ISO 27032, ISO 30301, ISO 29190, etc.
- Deliver safe, secure granular access control and privilege management
- Easier evaluation of levels of risk and compliance
- Monitor and track the status of data portability and data destruction
- Manage information request and respond to complaints accordingly
- Audit of compliance, internal control, technical safeguards and operation practices
- Track and monitor the application of principles of data protection by design
Outcome of the GDPR governance and management system
- Demonstrable and apparent levels of data protection compliance.
- A complete privacy and information management for data protection
- A roadmap for continuous improvement to protect fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons