At the conference in September 2017 Microsoft announced for their next Exchange on premises version and i.e. Exchange Server 2019.
The preview will be available in mid-2018 and the release is proposed in the second half of 2018. The other releases of the Exchange Server were:
- Exchange 2016 in late 2015
- Exchange 2013 in late 2012
- Exchange 2010 in late 2009
However, not sure about any update or new feature about Exchange 2019 and neither Microsoft make any particular declarations till now.
All we can only predict and assume on the basis of some convection, previous patterns, and the practicability of carrying cloud modifications to the on-premise architecture.
Let’s see what new features we can expect in Exchange Server 2019:
- Outlook on the web will be updated to the latest Exchange Online user experience.
- The Scalability for public folders will improve.
- The cross-premises challenges and objections of hybrid deployments as like; calendar sharing, mailbox permissions, delegates, etc.. will continue to improve.
- Exchange Migrations will be seamless and smooth, as we saw with the side-by-side capability of Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016.
The above are the some of the Exchange Server 2019 features, which are expected to be seen in the launch of this latest version.